Each and every Indian household is very much fond of this delicious, mouthwatering sweet dish “Gualb Jamun.” It is being served in any occasion whether in a marriage ceremony, puja, five star hotel party or for celebration of success stories. It is known as Laal Mohan in Assam. Let us make this very popular dessert Gulab Jamun with milk powder and maida. It is very easy to make.
Ingredients of Laal Mohan (Gulab Jamun) with Milk Powder and Maida
For the sugar syrup:
- 2.5 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups of water
- 3 / 4 whole cardamoms
For the Gulab Jamuns:
- ¾ th cup all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp veg oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- Veg oil for frying
How to make Gulab Jamun with Milk Powder and Maida
- In a pan, mix 3 cups of water and 2.5 cups of sugar. Add cardamoms.
- Bring it to boil on medium heat. Switch off the flame. Keep it aside. Sugar syrup is ready
- In a bowl mix milk powder, maida and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix 1 egg, 2 tbsp sugar, 3 tbsp veg oil and 2 tbsp water. Mix well so as to get a smooth consistency.
- Transfer this wet mixture into the dry mixture bowl of milk powder, maida and baking powder. Mix well with a spoon. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan on low flame.
- Apply oil on palms of hands. Prepare 10 balls from the dough and fry on low flame until brown.
- Soak these in sugar syrup for 15/20 minutes.
- Gulab Jamuns are ready to serve.
Enjoy cooking Gulab Jamuns at home.