The entire North-East India’s cuisine is an exciting melange of flavours and simplicity. Use of less oil and fresh ingredients like bhut jolokiya, bamboo shoots & local greens makes every dish unique. Nagaland is famous for its pork preparation with dry red chili and bamboo shoot. This Naga Style Pork Curry is very flavourful and goes well with steamed rice.
Ingredients of Naga Style Pork Curry
- 400 gms pork meat, cut into medium size pieces
- 2 tbsp fermented bamboo shoot
- 7 / 8 pieces whole dry red chili
- 5 tsp freshly prepared garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups water
How to make Naga Style Pork Curry
- Boil water in a heavy bottom wok. Add the meat pieces.
- Add salt and dry red chilies into the wok.
- Boil the meat along with salt and dry red chilies for about 15 mins.
- Take out the chilies and make a paste.
- Reduce the water to 1/3 rd.
- Now, add the red chili paste.
- Cook for 2 mins.
- Add bamboo shoots and give a mix. Cook for another 2/3 mins.
- Add the garlic paste, stir well and cook for another 5/6 mins.
- Switch off the flame. Ready to serve.
Enjoy cooking this delicious Naga Style Pork Curry.